Here in my district of Rocklin Unified, teachers are using Schoology as our Learning Management System. Many teachers are looking at ways to merge their use of Google tools with our LMS. One of the ways many do this is embedding their agendas in their Courses. You see, agendas are one of the more popular ways for teachers to keep students and parents aware of what is upcoming. Some of these agendas are daily but most teachers use a weekly one.
Here are some examples these agendas:
There are several positives about using a tool Like Slides as a digital agenda
1) It is a tool which they are familiar with
2) It is in the Google ecosystem which is where our teachers are moving to more and more
3) In Slides, objects float and you can also draw tables. This way it is very easy to put content where you need it.
4) The teacher has to make a duplicate of the current slide and push the previous week to slide 2. This way it is always the same document and they never need to change the link.
5) The last feature is my favorite! You see in Google Docs you have the ability to PUBLISH a doc (this is not sharing) and EMBEDDING t into a site. So, (as you can see below) teachers can update their agenda at any time and the beauty of it is that since this document is embedded it is LIVE and always up to date.
Here is a link to some of these Agenda templates which you can take to use for you class or your school. Just change the background and titles and you're in business.